The Abdominal Imaging Section is staffed by four board-certified radiologists. The section is based at Jackson Memorial Hospital with privileges at University of Miami Hospital & Clinics/Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and University of Miami Hospital.
Our mission is to provide the highest level of care to our patients while maintaining a state-of-the-art level in abdominal imaging by introducing the newest methods in our practice.
- General X-Rays
- Ultrasound – Abdominal, Vascular, Intraoperative
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- University of Miami Hospital
- University of Miami Hospitals & Clinics/Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
Areas of Expertise
Faculty have expertise in Body MRI, CT and ultrasound imaging.
Focused areas of expertise include:
- Liver transplant
- Urogenital Imaging
- Imaging for surgical planning
- Abdominal Ultrasound: Logiq9 and Logic 700
- CT: 64, 128 and dual source Multidetector CT
- MRI: 1.5 and 3 Tesla MRI imaging
The Abdominal Imaging Section participates in numerous weekly interdisciplinary conferences and tumor boards with clinical and surgical specialists. Our section holds weekly conferences with our radiology residents and hosts six weeks of didactic lectures each year. Additionally, the section give lectures to medical students of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine regularly.
We also welcome observers that are either radiologists, radiology residents, or medical students through the Harrington Program.